BRIER — A fire destroyed a motorhome, two boats and a storage shed at a house in unincorporated Snohomish County east of Brier Tuesday night.
The homeowner reported the fire just after 8 p.m. in the 1500 block of 213th Place SW.
“The man had been cleaning inside the motorhome. He went inside the house to get more cleaning supplies and when he returned smoke was billowing out the motorhome door,” said Leslie Hynes, a Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman.
Firefighters from districts 1 and 7 as well as Lynnwood and Bothell teamed up to put out the fire. No one was injured.
The fire spread from the motorhome to two nearby boats and a shed. Firefighters were able to stop the flames before they reached the house about 10 feet away.
Damage to the motorhome, boats, boat accessories and shed is estimated at more than $140,000. The homeowner has insurance, Hynes said.
An investigator from the Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s office determined it was an accidental fire, most likely started by either an electric space heater or a candle left burning inside the motorhome.
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.