LAKE STEVENS — Six people were displaced early Wednesday after a fire in an apartment on Meridian Place NE. No one was hurt.
A family called 911 about 12:15 a.m., Lake Stevens Assistant Fire Marshal David Petersen said. They reported seeing arcs and flashes from an electric water heater in a closet. They lived on the second floor of a building with four units.
The fire was contained to their unit. The damage was estimated at $25,000, mostly from smoke, Petersen said. A family in the lower unit also was displaced. The American Red Cross was providing assistance.
“The crews did a great job” in protecting other parts of the building, Petersen said.
Firefighters also responded from Everett, Marysville and Snohomish.