CAMAS — A Clark County fire official says ash from burning incense fell on facial tissue in a southwest Washington home, igniting a fire that caused more than $200,000 damage and killed a cat.
The Columbian reported that Vancouver fire crews arrived Monday evening to find smoke and flames coming from a side window of the Camas house.
Clark County Senior Deputy Fire Marshal Susan Anderson says one of the two residents was home and escaped with her dog. The cat was later found dead.
Battalion Chief Rick Steele says firefighters had no access to a fire hydrant so had to bring their own water and spent 20 minutes clearing debris from the yard so they could reach the front door.