MARYSVILLE — Three people and a dog were displaced Tuesday morning by a chimney fire.
Firefighters were called about 9 a.m. to the 6100 block of 84th Place NE, where a chimney fire spread to the home’s roof, Marysville Fire District spokeswoman Kristin Thorstenson said.
A Marysville police officer in the neighborhood saw the fire, knocked on the door and woke a person who was asleep inside the home.
Nobody was hurt. Local Red Cross volunteers offered help. Damage was estimated at about $15,000.
To avoid chimney fires, people should have their home’s chimney inspected — and cleaned and repaired, if needed — by a professional each year, Thorstenson said.