* Country Crafts Home and Gift Show, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 12525 Old Snohomish-Monroe Road, Snohomish.
* H’Arts (“Helping the Arts”) Auction, benefiting Arts Council of Snohomish County, 4:30 p.m. March 11, Everett Events Center, 2000 Hewitt Ave., Everett. $85; includes dinner. 425-257-8380. The Arts Council also will present the 2006 Artist of the Year, Stan Price, co-owner of Covenant Art Glass.
* Kamiak High School Performing Arts Boosters auction, “A Knight of Wine and Roses,” 6 p.m. March 4, Harbour Pointe Tech Center, 6500 Harbour Heights Parkway, Mukilteo. $35; includes dinner. Susan Murphy, 425-742-0392.
* Lake Stevens Co-op Preschool fundraising auction, raffle and art show, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Lake Stevens Middle School, 1031 91st Ave. SE, Lake Stevens. Auction items include a football autographed by this year’s Seattle Seahawks. Free admission.
* Stanwood Elementary School PTA hosts “Auction on the Orient Express,” 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Stanwood Elementary School, 10227 273rd Place NW, Stanwood. $5 in advance or $10 at the door. 360-652-3292.
* 2006 mission trip benefit dinner and dance, to support St. Michael’s youth missionaries’ trip to New Orleans, 6 p.m. Saturday, St. Michael’s Parish, 1512 Pine Ave., Snohomish. $20 or $35 per couple. 360-568-9660.
* Progressive Animal Welfare Society dog training classes begin in Lynnwood in March. 425-787-2500, ext. 820.
* Bug Basics 101, 6:30 p.m. Saturday or 9 a.m. Wednesday, Washington State University Snohomish County Extension. 600 128th St. SE, Everett. $25. 425-338-2400.
* Snohomish County Public Information Network (SnoPIN), 7:45 p.m. Thursday, Patti’s Eggnest Chuck Wagon Restaurant, 6720 Evergreen Way, Everett. Cheri Russum, public information officer for Providence Everett Medical Center, will speak about the recent hospital standoff involving an armed man outside the hospital’s emergency room entrance.
* Grace Academy Preview Dessert, 7 p.m. Tuesday, 8521 67th Ave. NE, Marysville. Private Christian school for preschoolers through 12-graders.
* “Once Upon a Time in Playland,” 11 a.m. Saturday, Alderwood Manor Youth Club, 19719 24th Ave. W., Lynnwood. Alderwood Manor Heritage Association. Potluck follows.
* Community Services for the Blind and Partially Sighted helps the visually impaired read mail, pay bills and shop for groceries. 206-525-5556.
The Herald Community Calendar is published Sundays and includes meeting notices, classes and events. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 425-339-3435. Press releases must include a description of the event, the time, date, place, including a complete address, and an information phone number that will be printed with the announcement.