Simon Cowell says he’s bigger than The Boss.
In an interview to air Sunday on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” the “American Idol” judge says he’s worth five times more to Sony BMG than Bruce Springsteen.
“I sell more records than Bruce Springsteen, sure,” Cowell says of the 57-year-old rocker, who signed a contract that was reported to be in the neighborhood of $100 million.
“I mean, in the last five years, I’ve probably sold over 100 million records. If (Springsteen) got one hundred (million dollars), I should have got five hundred (million dollars),” he says.
Cowell says he sells all those records because he’s signed “the biggest artist on the planet” – Fox network’s “American Idol.”
“Every single ‘Idol’ winner is now signed through Sony BMG,” says Cowell. “And this applies to … all the countries … we sell ‘Idol’ to, which is over 30 countries.”
DiCaprio’s visit causes a ruckus at Western Wall
Israeli police said Thursday they were deciding whether to charge two bodyguards in a scuffle with photographers during Leonardo DiCaprio’s visit to the Western Wall earlier this week.
Three photographers were injured Monday as DiCaprio, Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli and Refaeli’s family were touring a tunnel near the Western Wall, the holiest site where Jews can pray.
About 20 photographers, along with a crowd of fans and curiosity-seekers, waited for the 32-year-old actor to come out of the tunnel. The photographers gathered around as DiCaprio got into a van, and security guards tried to shoo them away.
Photographers said two of DiCaprio’s bodyguards began swinging their fists wildly in an effort to scatter the crowd.
Gabor’s husband sues over O’Reilly comments
Prince Frederic von Anhalt has sued Fox and Bill O’Reilly after the talk-show host called him a fraud for claiming he could be the father of Anna Nicole Smith’s baby.
Von Anhalt, who is married to Zsa Zsa Gabor, filed the defamation lawsuit seeking at least $10 million in damages Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
The claim stems from comments the talk-show host made Feb. 22 on “The O’Reilly Factor.”
“Look, this guy’s a fraud,” O’Reilly said, according to a transcript of the show posted on the network’s Web site. “We know he’s a fraud. But let’s – what I want to talk about is – he’s done. His credibility is – is finished.”
From Herald news services