Here’s a roundup of some of the more interesting recent neighborhood crime news from throughout Snohomish and Island counties, provided by police:
* 17400 block of 43rd Avenue NE, June 24. A man reported the theft of his boat motor.
* 100 block of N. Olympic Avenue, June 23. Someone broke a glass panel in the American Legion memorial.
* 3100 block of Smokey Point Drive, June 22. Police responded to a reported burglary in progress. They called in a Marysville K-9 dog, searched the building and found a suspect, whom they arrested.
* 4100 block of Friday Avenue, July 22. Someone smashed the front door at Computer Ideas Unlimited. The business owner reported that a computer system valued at $900 was missing. Damage to the door was estimated at $200.
* 6500 block of Evergreen Way, July 22. Police arrested two people while investigating a road rage incident. Two suspects were arrested on outstanding warrants.
* 2600 block of Broadway, July 22. A man reported that his bicycle was stolen while it was parked outside QFC. The bike was valued at $100.
* 3100 block of Broadway, July 23. Three quilts were reported stolen from Quilts With Ease. The suspect cut two small locks on two doors to break into the business. Other items also were reported stolen. The business owner told police the quilts are valued at $2,200.
* 1400 block of SE Everett Mall Way, July 23. Police arrested a man who reportedly shoplifted from Everett Mall. The man was found wearing $168 worth of new clothes from Macy’s and had wire cutters from Sears. The man was banned from the mall and booked into the Snohomish County Jail for investigation of theft and criminal trespass.
* 200 block of Pecks Drive, July 23. An Everett woman reported having problems with her telephone. A repair technician concluded that someone had authorized her calls to be transferred to a telephone number at a California prison. This allowed the suspect to charge collect calls to the woman’s phone number.
* 36th Street and Rockefeller Avenue, July 24. A 12-year-old boy reported that he was assaulted by a group of boys at Kiwanis Park. Neighbors told police there are ongoing problems at the park.
* 11800 block Airport Road, July 25. A convenience store clerk reported receiving a counterfeit $100 bill. The customer turned over the fake currency to police and said he got the bill outside a check-cashing business from someone asking for change in smaller bills.
* Highway 20 and SW Eighth Avenue, July 26. Police responded to a noise complaint involving several people playing croquet in the road.
* Highway 20, July 25. Police were called to a store where one of a group of several young people were broadcasting profanities over the store’s public address system. The kids then ran out of the store.
* SE City Beach Street, July 25. Someone reportedly stole the taillights off a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado.
* E. Whidbey Avenue and NE Regatta Drive, July 25. A dead sea gull was found in the road near the intersection.
* 26700 block of 98th Drive NW, July 22. A dump truck snagged some power and phone lines, pulling the electrical panel for the exterior of a building. The panel then struck three vehicles.
* 9200 block of 271st Street NW, July 19. In two separate incidents, items were reported stolen from parked vehicles. A leather jacket and cash were reported stolen from one, and a purse was reported stolen from another.