LIVINGSTON, Mont. — Authorities say a bow hunter in southern Montana suffered serious injuries from an electric shock when he used a knife to poke a dead bear that was lying on live wires.
The Park County Sheriff’s Office says Edward Garcia came across the bear carcass Sunday in the Beattie
Gulch area north of Gardiner. The shock from poking the carcass caused injuries to Garcia’s torso, head and hands.
The sheriff’s office says Garcia walked two miles to find help. He was flown to a burn center in Salt Lake City.
Garcia’s condition wasn’t immediately clear. Sheriff’s Office Lt. Tom Totland tells the Livingston Enterprise that he does not know where Garcia is from.
The sheriff’s office says NorthWestern Energy has turned off power to the line.