Everett Community College awarded five student research projects top honors at the college’s first science and engineering student exhibition.
Top projects included:
– Alta Hunter, Elise Fongo, Lauren King and Brady Johnson, DNA barcoding of eelgrass and ghost shrimp in the Salish Sea reveals closely related species
– Chau Minh Nguyen and Kibrom E Berhane, luminol
– Jonah G. Hanson, Baiheng Li, Luis M. Pena and Khoi T. Vu, consumer-grade Dippin Dot machine
– Tucker Andrews, Jeffrey Noyes, Yuriy Gavrilovskiy and Syahir Jamil, mechanical testing project
– Nassuel Valera, Kaiden Field, Brandon Knutsen and Dale Simpson, “Are wires really necessary to power our devices?”
– Alena Eldridge, seasonal variation of North American river otter predation on local fish species
These top students were among more than 50 who presented their work in June.
Submit news for Way to Go to firstname.lastname@example.org.