EVERETT — A woman injured in a fire at an espresso stand last week has died.
The fire broke out Thursday at the Sinners and Saints Coffee Co. along Everett Mall Way. The barista was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. A hospital spokeswoman confirmed that the woman died Monday.
The woman was identified as Courtney Campbell, a mother of two, according to a web site set up to advertise a benefit for her. The event is scheduled for 8 p.m. Saturday at Tony V’s Garage on Hewitt Avenue in Everett.
The woman had recently purchased the stand, Everett Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks said.
Investigators don’t know what sparked the fire. They believe a propane tank inside the stand contributed to the blaze, Hicks said. But it’s unclear what heat source ignited the gas. There was a portable heater in the stand.
“Without being able to talk to her, we’re probably going to have to classify it as undetermined,” Hicks said.
The fire spread to the woman’s nearby car. The espresso stand was destroyed.
The woman’s death comes less than two weeks after a Mark Davis, 65, died in a three-alarm apartment fire on W. Casino Road in Everett. More than a dozen people were hurt in the Dec. 31 fire.