EVERETT — An Everett man was the victim of a two-alarm fire Sunday in the apartments above Harvey’s Pub.
Stephen Andvik, 58, died of smoke inhalation, the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office announced Tuesday.
Others escaped the two-story building when smoke alarms blared around 12:30 a.m. at Broadway and 36th Street. Flames destroyed much of the second floor. Firefighting efforts left devastating water damage to the pub below.
Property records say the building was built in the early 1950s.
For decades, it was the home of the Buzz Inn Tavern, the original location of a chain that operates a dozen steakhouses in the state. The downtown Buzz Inn moved to a much bigger space five blocks up the street in 2016, and Harvey’s Pub took over the ground floor at 3615 Broadway.