CAMANO ISLAND — No one was hurt in a house fire Friday morning on the south end of Camano Island.
The fire was reported about 9:30 a.m. along Amber View Place, Camano Island Assistant Fire Chief Levon Yengoyan said. Investigators believe a spark from the chimney landed on the roof.
A neighbor saw something was wrong and alerted the people inside, Yengoyan said.
“It always amazes me how great the neighbors are,” he said. “They are always looking out for each other.”
Damage was estimated at up to $10,000.
View House fire, 4-26-13 in a larger map