A Granite Falls family was displaced Thursday after their home was destroyed in a fire possibly caused by a malfunctioning barbecue.
No one was injured.
Firefighters responded to a call for help at about 6:30 p.m. A propane tank attached to a grill was reported to have exploded, igniting the wooden deck of a two-story home on the 17400 block of 116th Place NE.
Getchell Fire Department fire chief Travis Hots said the fire appears to have quickly spread from the deck, up a wall and into the two-story house’s attic.
Firefighters entered the home, but were ordered to exit the home when the persistent blaze continued.
Firefighters from Getchell, Lake Stevens, Arlington Heights and Lake Roesiger helped put out the fire. The American Red Cross was called to help find shelter for four children and two adults who lived in the house, Hots said.
The Snohomish County Fire Marshal is investigating the cause of the fire.