MONROE — A girl was rescued from a house fire Sunday morning.
A neighbor reported seeing smoke from a home in the 16500 block of 154th Street Southeast around 11 a.m. Monroe police officers who first arrived were told a child was still inside. They went in, saw fire in a bedroom and closed the door but did not see her in the quick search, according to a news release from Snohomish County Fire District 7.
Firefighters went in and doused the flames for a more thorough look for the girl, who was found in a closed toy trunk in a different bedroom. She did not need to be taken to a hospital, and no other injuries were reported.
“Due to the quick thinking of the police officers by closing the bedroom door, firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom and extinguish the flames,” the news release said.
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing email@example.com or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.