SULTAN — An elderly man suffered burns over 25 percent of his body in a cooking accident Wednesday in Sultan, leading to a medical airlift to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The man had been cooking spaghetti around 5 p.m. at a home in the 32800 block of Cascade View Drive, when he spilled water on his face and chest, Sultan Fire Chief Merlin Halverson said.
An aid crew examined him and found he had second-degree burns over a quarter of his body. His injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, but Halverson noted that infection after a burn can lead to severe problems, especially at an advanced age.
The man appeared to be in his 80s, Halverson said.
A medical helicopter arrived to fly him to a burn center. The helicopter took off from Sultan with the patient at 5:30 p.m.
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.