EVERETT — A man woke up around 9 a.m. Wednesday to a fire in the corner of his room where an electric skateboard had been charging, according to the Everett Fire Department.
After failing to douse the flames with a fire extinguisher, he left his apartment in the 3500 block of Wetmore Avenue.
He was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett for smoke inhalation. He is expected to be released soon, officials said.
The fire did not spread past the man’s room, and firefighters quickly put it out.
Investigators have ruled the fire accidental and estimated the damage at $80,000. Additional details were not made public.