SNOHOMISH — A man who died in a house fire near Snohomish early Tuesday morning was identified as Glen E. Allen, 93.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner determined Allen died from burns and smoke inhalation. His wife, who was home at the time of the fire, was not injured.
Firefighters received a call at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday. There were reports of flames coming from the television in the home on Roosevelt Road.
Preliminary information shows the fire may have started in a power strip located behind a cabinet that held the TV, said Gary Bontrager, an investigator with the county Fire Marshal’s Office.
Two sheriff’s deputies were first on scene, but couldn’t enter the house due to the smoke.
The house sustained heavy damage, amounting to about $250,000. It was built in 1959 and is worth nearly $500,000, property records show.