SEATTLE — The Seattle Fire Department says a propane bottle went through a metal shredder and exploded, damaging an industrial building and resulting in a large response of firefighting equipment.
Spokeswoman Helen Fitzpatrick said no one was hurt in the blast about 8:30 a.m. today at the south Seattle business. She said one worker was knocked down, but medics who checked him at the scene found he was OK.
There was no fire, but water sprinklers turned on. The blast bulged out roll-up doors at the business, Independent Metals Recycling. A company spokesman told KOMO Radio, it looked worse than it was.