Snohomish County’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism invites the public to a final presentation on proposed signs that will help visitors find Paine Field attractions.
The presentation will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Future of Flight, 8415 Paine Field Blvd., Mukilteo. (I suppose that assumes you can find your way without the signs.)
There are five major tourist attractions on or near Paine Field, most with “flight” in their name:
– Future of Flight Aviation Center and Boeing Tour
– Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
– Historic Flight Foundation
– Museum of Flight Restoration Center
– High Trek Adventure Arial Course at Paine Field Community Park
The signs would help visitors get to the most popular spot — the Future of Flight — and let them know about the other high-flying attractions nearby. Proposed designs aim to reflect a vintage feel of aviation.
The tourism project was launched by the county earlier this year. Don’t expect to see the signs anytime soon. The project is expected to last about five years. Funding will come from lodging taxes.