EDMONDS — A stovetop fire Wednesday night caused $150,000 in damage to an Edmonds home.
The fire broke out about 6:45 p.m. at a house in the 1200 block of Eighth Avenue S., said Leslie Hynes, spokeswoman for Snohomish County Fire District 1.
Crews arrived to find flames coming from the second-story windows of the house, Hynes said. Damage from the fire was contained to a master bedroom suite on the second floor.
Investigators believe the fire started in a kitchenette in the bedroom. A stovetop knob was bumped into “on” mode, and the burner ignited a box nearby.
No injuries were reported, Hynes said. The American Red Cross responded to help those displaced. The family did have insurance.