LYNNWOOD – A toddler was in critical condition Sunday after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning.
Medics rushed to an apartment complex on 204th Street S.W. about 4 a.m., Lynnwood spokeswoman Shannon Sessions said. The family living in an apartment brought a barbecue grill from the outside to keep warm and suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
The toddler and other family members were taken to a hospital and treated in the hyperbaric chamber. The toddler was in critical condition later on Sunday, Sessions said. The conditions of other family members were unknown.
Using a grill inside your home is extremely dangerous, Sessions said. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, deadly gas that is made anytime fuel is burned.
Symptoms of poisoning include headache, nausea, fatigue and confusion. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, get fresh air right away, open doors and windows and call the Washington Poison Center at 800-222-1222.