EDMONDS — An older woman was found dead this morning after fire tore through her home.
Firefighters were summoned to a home in the 19300 block of 84th Avenue W.
just before 10 a.m., Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.
The single-story home was engulfed in flames.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire and searched the home. They found the victim, a woman in her 70s, in a bedroom, Hynes said.
A fire investigator determined the fire most likely started from a cigarette discarded in a trash can, Hynes said. The fire was ruled an accident.
There were no smoke alarms in the home, she said.