Recent polls advise us that the two looming and rapidly approaching existential threats that threaten both the planet and family of man are not even among citizens ranked as priority concerns. Catastrophic climate change and impending nuclear Armageddon rank below the pump price of regular unleaded. Much of the blame for this omission of the two greatest threats to global survival can be attributed to the unrelenting 24/7 greed of corporate news and Fox News.
As a species we need to unite as one and come to terms with these impending and what some would say are irreversible threats to civilization.
People worldwide need to with urgency sound a sustaining and unmistakable global alarm; the end times are indeed approaching unless immediate action is taken to mitigate both the growing likelihood of nuclear Armageddon and the unthinkable end results of climate catastrophe.
For our loved ones- children there’s really only one way for us to express our love and commitment to them and that is building and sustaining both anti-nuclear modernization and climate catastrophe opposition moments. Decent people are reaching out and asking “what can we do to make a difference?” Here are a few strategies citizens can take that will have both a short and long term impact:
• Join and support 350.org;
• Join and support Physicians for Social Responsibility;
• Support Extinction Rebellion;
• Join and support Greenpeace;
• Join the Union of Concerned Scientists;
• Subscribe to independent magazines that are not corporate mouth pieces; such as the Progressive, Mother Jones, the Nation and others;
• Join and support organized energetic political organizations opposed to the expansion of nuclear arsenals, militarism and climate catastrophe.
The key: Get involved. Dedicate one to two hours a day toward this effort. Join others and be part of the movement that gives both mankind and the planet a real and authentic hope for the future.