The Everett Silvertips were scheduled for an on-ice session today, but that was likely very short with ailing and injured players taking it easy.
Drank some good coffee
Breakfast fuel for the morning
Time to punch in now#hockeyhaikus pic.twitter.com/UP1nzMNxzD
— Everett Silvertips (@WHLsilvertips) October 12, 2017
The Tips are coming off a 5-4 loss at Medicine Hat Wednesday and that makes three straight defeats on the road trip. They get another chance Friday at Lethbridge.
Everett got Kevin Davis back for Wednesday’s game and not a moment too soon.
“He’s a complete warrior,” head coach Dennis Williams said. “He had to block a shot there in the second (period) and you win with guys like Kevin Davis. He wasn’t 100 percent, but he’s not a kid that ever wants to sit out. He put his best foot forward and he played one heck of a game for us.”
Wednesday also saw the WHL debut of defenseman Kyle Walker. The Leduc, Alberta, native is a big-bodied 17-year-old blueliner who broke his collarbone during training camp. He skated as a seventh defenseman Wednesday as the Tips went with 11 forwards.
“We wanted to get him a few shifts to get his feet wet in the league,” Williams said. “We were happy with getting him in those situations and it’s tough because we haven’t had a lot of time to practice… I think it was important that we got him in on this trip.”
In other news:
– It was a big night for Everett native and Calgary Hitmen forward Hunter Campbell as the former Everett Junior Silvertip scored his first WHL goal Wednesday:
CAMPBELL!!! 🚨🚨🚨 grab that puck that's your first WHL goal!!! #KAMvsCGY pic.twitter.com/lr648pqA8g
— Calgary Hitmen (@WHLHitmen) October 12, 2017
This is what it is all about. Proud moment for Tips Elite family. Hunter Campbells 1st WHL point and 1st WHL goal pic.twitter.com/4RuGsEMz0b
— Everett Elite Hockey (@AAAJrSilvertips) October 12, 2017
– Over at Sportsnet Neate Sager has his weekly CHL notebook in which mono-stricken Carter Hart gets significant mention.
– The re-branded WHL Cup is coming up and there are four Everett prospects competing for their provincial teams. You can check out this Team Saskatchewan preview that features Tips forward prospect Jackson Berezowski.
For the latest Silvertips news follow Jesse Geleynse on Twitter.
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.