The Everett Silvertips’ best is playing his best hockey at the most important time of the regular season.
And Dustin Wolf was recognized for those efforts on Monday, as he was named the Western Hockey League’s goaltender of the month for February.
The Calgary Flames prospect was 9-1-0 and posted a 1.83 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage in February and has been integral in the Silvertips’ active 10-game win streak, which allowed Everett to close the Portland Winterhawks’ double-digit lead in the U.S. Division standings.
Wolf leads the CHL with a 1.83 goals-against average and a .935 save percentage this season and boasts as many shutouts (nine) as losses.
• Silvertips defenseman Gianni Fairbrother remains week-to-week with an upper-body injury that required potentially season-ending surgery, but the Montreal Canadiens prospect has returned to Everett for rehabilitation after spending some time at home in North Vancouver, British Columbia. Fairbrother skated with the team for the first time on Saturday, according to Silvertips general manager Garry Davidson.
• Hunter Campbell is unlikely to play over the upcoming weekend but is nearing the end of his injury stint after a fight with Seattle’s Cade McNelly put him on the injury report with an upper-body injury, according to Davidson. Campbell, an Everett native, has an assist in 11 games with the Silvertips since being acquired in a trade with Calgary at the trade deadline.
Kohl Bauml (2011-2015) and the University of Saskatchewan Huskies are moving on to the University Cup, Canada’s collegiate hockey national championships, after sweeping the University of British Columbia in two games in a three-game series over the weekend. It’s the second Canada West Championship in Bauml’s fifth season, the first coming in his freshman season in 2016.
Dexter Whittle, a Virden, Manitoba native and a seventh-round pick by Everett in the 2019 bantam draft, posted five goals and five assists in 43 games for the Southwest Cougars AAA team this season. The Cougars are the No. 4 seed in the Manitoba Major Midget League and are tied 1-1 in a best-of-five series with the Yellowhead Chiefs.
Josh Horton covers the Silvertips for the Herald. Follow him on Twitter, @JoshHortonEDH
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to email@example.com or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.