Man rescued in fire

  • By Eric Stevick Herald writer
  • Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:15pm


A Mountlake Terrace man was rescued April 16 from the third-story balcony of his home in the 4100 block of 236th Street SW and Cedar Way.

Firefighters were able to reach him using a ladder as flames drew near, Snohomish County Fire District 1 spokeswoman Leslie Hynes said.

The man, whose age was not available, was not injured.

Fire investigators believe incense placed too close to combustibles sparked the fire.

Fire, smoke and water caused damage to 12 units, Hynes said.

The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with residents of the Taluswood Apartments to help them find temporary housing April 16. The total number of displaced residents was not immediately available.

The first fire calls came in around 7:30 a.m.

By the time firefighters arrived, flames could be seen coming out of the man’s third-floor apartment.

More than 35 firefighters battled the blaze. Lynnwood and Shoreline firefighters joined District 1 in getting the fire under control.

One tenant was examined by medics for smoke inhalation but didn’t need to go to the hospital, Hynes said.

Firefighters also rescued a large dog from one of the apartments.

No damage estimate was immediately available.

Talk to us