MOUNTLAKE TERRACE — It’s that time of year again, time to cleanout the cupboards and closets and hope someone else finds your junk to be a treasure.
The Mountlake Terrace city-wide yard sale is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., April 29-May 1. According to city officials, no city permit is required for this yard sale, but sale signs are limited to two on each property and two off the property.
There will be free curbside pick-up on Wednesday, May 4. for unsold and undonated items. There will be no free drop off this year at the public works site.
All waste items must meet these requirements:
• Less than 3-1/2 feet in length.
• 50 pounds or less.
• Bagged, boxed or bundled.
• Extra units of yard debris (not in plastic bags)
Requirements for major Appliances include getting a permit application available at City Hall, to be filled out and returned to City Hall no later than 5 p.m., May 3. Upon paying the fees below, residents will receive an appliances sticker that must be placed on their appliances to ensure pick-up. The fee schedule is:
• $22 – Appliances with chlorinated flouro-carbons (CFC’s) such as refrigerators, air conditioner units, etc.)
• $17 – Appliances without CFC’s such as washers, dryers, stoves, microwaves, etc.
Items that won’t be picked up include:
• Electronic devices such as computers, monitors, televisions, etc.
• Household hazardous waste
Elderly or persons with disabilities needing assistance moving items to the curb may contact the City of Mountlake Terrace Public Works Department at 425-670-8264. All assistance requests will be screened and reviewed by the Mountlake Terrace Police Department first. Only items placed outside of home will be considered.
• Hazardous household waste: Paints, stains, pesticides, chemicals of any kind, can be taken to a drop off stations located at: 3434 McDougal Ave, Everett. Info: 425-388-6050.
• Electronic waste: Computers, monitors, televisions. The following merchants will accept e-waste (fees and prices may vary)
Computer Concepts in Bothell 425-481-3666.
Richman-Poorman Computers in Everett 425-353-6900.
Also accepting electronic waste:
• The Snohomish County Transfer Station:
SW Recycling and Transfer Station – 21311 61 Pl W. in Mountlake Terrace.
• Airport Road Transfer Station – 10100 Minuteman Dr. Everett.
• North County Transfer Station – 19600 63rd Ave NE, Arlington.
For more information contact the Mountlake Terrace public works department at 425-670-8264.