Heart Healthy Dinners for Seniors — 5 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays: Seniors &guests are invited to enjoy nutritionally balanced meals at King County Housing’s Northridge Building #1, 1530 NE 177th, Shoreline. Cost: $3 donation suggested, ages 60 +; $5.75 under age 60. Info: 206-727-6253.
Shoreline-LFP Senior Center (18560 1st Ave. NE. #1, Shoreline; 206-365-1536) offers the following events &activities:
• Yoga For Seniors — Mondays: Cost per 8 sessions. $55 for members, $58 for non members or $10 per class. (No person will be rejected due to financial need.) Minimum enrollment; sign up at front desk.
• Volunteer computer teachers: Lead classes in a variety of topics on Wednesdays, running four-week sessions.
• Computer Learning Center: Intro to Computer &Windows 95/98; Beginning Microsoft Word; Internet and World Wide Web; and Personal Computer Instruction classes all start the first week of the month and meet once weekly for 4 weeks. Class session lasts 1.5 to 2 hours. Cost: $34 members, $39 non-members. Contact Bob Lohmeyer at the Senior Center to sign up.
• Special Services: Free Blood Pressure/Diabetes checks, legal consultations, a lunch program, Meals on Wheels, Purchaser Metro Bus stickers, senior rights assistance, computer classes, and a very active and varied travel desk.
• Senior Connections: Are you a senior in need of assistance in your home? Could you use help with shopping or other simple chores? Volunteers are available to help. Contact Virginia Sanborn, 206-365-4848.
• Job Connections: If you’re looking for someone to do household repairs/work or maybe you’re looking for a part-time job, volunteer Mike Speyer is available 9 a.m. to noon Fridays to register workers with the program or to provide referrals for those seeking workers. Call 206-365-1536.
• Center Thrift Shop: Open 5 days a week, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. New greeting cards at 40 cents and up.
Northshore Senior Center (10201 East Riverside Drive, Bothell; 425-487-2441) offers the following events &activities:
• Men’s Bodies: What’s Normal — 12:45-2 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25: Free presentation for men, sponsored by Northshore Senior Center and Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, about changes that take place in the male body as men age.
• Yoga for Health &Relaxation — 9-10 a.m. Tuesdays: Enjoy yoga exercises that are physically healing, mentally clarifying and relaxing. Cost: $4 member/$6 nonmember, per class; wear comfortable clothing and bring a mat or towel.