Shoreline firefighters responded to three fires on consecutive days from March 22-24.
No injuries were reported in any of the incidents, according to fire officials.
The first fire occurred at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 22 at an apartment complex in the 14500 block of 30th Ave. NE. The fire broke out several hours after a cigarette was discarded in a container on the apartment’s deck.
Although the fire initially started on the deck, it spread along the exterior wall. Fire investigators say the sprinkler system saved the apartment from incurring more damage. A man and woman escaped the blaze and called firefighters.
The second fire was reported at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 23, at an apartment located above a soon-to-be demolished building in the 17500 block of Aurora Avenue N. A woman who resided in the apartment escaped without injury, although the apartment was severely damaged.
The fire was reportedly caused by candles left unattended while the occupant slept in another room. A neighbor called the fire department, but the upstairs apartment was completely destroyed.
The third fire occurred at a home in the 19000 block of Seventh Avenue NE at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, March 24 and was caused by a candle left unattended in the bathroom.
One teenager was at the home at the time and managed to escape safely. Due to damage from water and smoke, the family of six was left completely homeless and received aid from the Red Cross.