There’s just something about the garden in the fall … the morning dew on the leaves, the changing colors, the crisp air as you explore.
For many, autumn is their favorite season at Bloedel Reserve, on Bainbridge Island.
“I love fall at the Reserve – it’s just so beautiful,” says Becky Walliman, Director of Development & Communications at Bloedel Reserve, named one of North America’s 10 Best Botanical Gardens by USA Today. “The air is nice, it’s quieter, and there’s still so much to see and experience.”
One local resident makes the Reserve part of her daily health routine, reserving a late-afternoon time for her daily walk. Others enjoy taking in the special events and workshops on the fall calendar.
And while membership isn’t required to visit the Reserve, it does have some definite perks, and this fall, those perks are even better.
“The members enjoy so many benefits but one of the big ones is early access to lectures, walks and other events that can fill up so quickly,” says Dan Walker, Bloedel Reserve Development Manager. “And there’s really something for everyone.”
Elevate Your Membership
This fall, the Reserve invites you to Elevate Your Membership and enjoy the season at the Reserve with your friends and family.
Purchase an elevated membership between now and Nov. 5, and an Individual Membership elevates to a Dual Membership, a Dual Membership to a Classic Membership, and a Classic Membership to a Friends/Family Membership!
What does this mean for you? Not only can you enjoy the full slate of seasonal events at Bloedel Reserve, including UP Lift: Collaborations with Nature, the annual Squash Hunt and Winter Wonders, you can also bring along more of your favorite people to join in the fun.
On offer are members-only time slots, reciprocal admissions and benefits at gardens across North America, and discounts in The Shop and for select walks, lectures and workshops. And then there are Member Days – special opportunities to experience the Reserve through tours, workshops and all-ages fun, including classes, tours, live music and more.
Celebrate autumn at the Reserve
What’s coming up this fall and winter at Bloedel Reserve?
- Through Oct. 8 – Impressions of Nature art exhibition, featuring the work of seven of the region’s finest plein air painters who also facilitate the Reserve’s Plein Air Program.
- Through Dec. 9 – Fall Strolls Program, a complimentary seasonal program that supports connection with nature through 12 self-guided walks.
- Oct. 1 to 7 – Up Lift: Collaborations with Nature, with experiential immersion into creativity and connection through poetry, painting, walks, talks and art exhibitions.
- Oct. 10 to Nov. 5 – The annual Squash Hunt and Spooky Plants Walk: Explore the grounds in search of these home-grown decorative delicacies, and don’t forget to stop at the Residence to snap a photo with the Reserve’s largest pumpkin and guess its weight!
- Oct. 28 – Plein Air Painting Masterclass
- Dec. 2 to 31 – Winter Wonder Holiday Event, a fun, Bloedel Reserve tradition to get you in the holiday spirit! Enjoy a wintry walk, festive decor at the Residence, community-oriented activities, guided Solstice Walks on select days and more.