- Get the mobile app
- Support local journalism
- Local news
- Print Editions
- About Us
- Subscriber Center
- Classified Ads
If you value trusted, local journalism, donate today
The Daily Herald’s award-winning coverage of Snohomish and Island counties often spurs community action and sets the agenda for public policy debate.
We know our stories are important to you, so we have worked hard to find new ways to fund local reporting on the issues that matter to our community. In partnership with funding collaborators, we established three journalism funds that give you the opportunity to make tax-deductible contributions to support the work that benefits us all.
If you believe in what we do, please consider giving.
Investigative Journalism Fund
In partnership with Journalism Funding Partners, a 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID: #84-2968843), this fund provides the resources for local, in-depth investigative journalism that brings important issues to light.
Environmental and Climate Change Reporting Fund
Established in partnership with Journalism Funding Partners, a 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID: #84-2968843), this fund supports more local environmental and climate change journalism.
Report for America Fund
Issues confronting working families are the focus of our Report for America corps member, Katie Hayes. Report for America is an initiative of The GroundTruth Project, a nonprofit journalism organization.
“I always read the paper. I trust it. As much as I can trust anything.”
- Jennifer Brinkley
“In my 16 years of living in Everett, I have often felt voiceless and invisible. Your article has given me a sense of validation and worth. I will remember it always."
- Stephen Teixeira
“I gave to the Investigative Journalism Fund because I think it is important for our democracy and more locally to help people make good decisions.”
- Kathie Roon
“To have your paper focusing on this climate problem which most people just want to ignore is so wonderful. You will have an impact that far eclipses that individuals such as myself.”
- Dean Enell
Prefer to donate by check?
For the Investigative or Environmental and Climate Change Reporting funds
- Make your check payable to Journalism Funding Partners.
- In the memo line, write: Daily Herald Investigative or Daily Herald Environmental Fund.
- Mail your donation to The Daily Herald, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
For the Report for America Fund
- Make your check payable to The GroundTruth Project.
- In the memo line, write: The Daily Herald Campaign.
- Mail your donation to Report for America The Daily Herald Campaign c/o The GroundTruth Project, 10 Guest Street, Boston, MA 02135.
To request a giving match from your employer or to donate from an investment fund
Use this information for the Investigative or Environmental and Climate Change Reporting funds
- Nonprofit name: Journalism Funding Partners
- EIN/Tax ID: #84-2968843 (Note: McClatchy Journalism Institute may display as the organization’s name. That’s okay. It is the previous name for Journalism Funding Partners.)
Address: 1731 Howe Ave. #242, Sacramento CA 95825
- Reference: The Daily Herald Investigative Fund or The Daily Herald Environmental and Climate Change Reporting Fund