EVERETT — We’re so excited about airline service coming to Paine Field that we just can’t stand it — we have to know everything. Now.
That includes the schedule for all departures and arrivals at the new terminal on the east side of the airport. So we created our very own departure and arrival boards.
The timetables below were assembled based on the Alaska Airlines and United Airlines schedules for Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Alaska is planning to begin service on Feb. 11, and United is to start flying from Everett on March 31. Some service will be phased in. We figure by May 1 the dust will have settled.
Caveat alert! Airline schedules are constantly changing. These flights are what we found on Jan. 9, 2019. If you are planning a trip, consult the airlines’ websites for the most current schedules. Also, as of this writing there was no end in sight for the partial government shutdown. The Federal Aviation Administration employees who must give final approval for airline service at Paine Field were on furlough, and that could mean a delay.
• The earliest departures will be at 6 a.m. (two planes). It will be busy in the morning, with a departure every half hour until mid-morning. The last departure will be at 9:05 p.m. The earliest arrival will be at 8:40 a.m. and the last plane to land will arrive at 11:55 p.m.
• Both airlines will fly 76-seat, twin-engine Embraer 175s. (No Boeings are going, but Boeing is buying 80 percent of Brazil-based Embraer, so these planes are friendlies.)
• Alaska’s schedule will actually be flown by subsidiary Horizon Air, and the planes will have “AlaskaHorizon” livery. United’s flights will be with planes flown by Skywest, which provides regional service for major carriers under their respective brands. Skywest’s planes serving Everett will be branded as “United Express.”
• There are two gates to handle 24 departures and 24 arrivals per day. If all the departing and arriving planes on a given day were full, 3,648 passengers would pass through the terminal. Ride-share and cab drivers take note!
Paine Field departures board
For Wednesday, May 1, 2019, as of Jan. 9, 2019. Subject to change. Departure times are Pacific.
|United||Denver||5889||6:00 a.m.||9:48 a.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5893||6:00 a.m.||8:16 a.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2878||6:30 a.m.||7:25 a.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2862||7:00 a.m.||9:45 a.m.|
|Alaska||San Jose||2740||7:30 a.m.||9:45 a.m.|
|Alaska||Orange County||2758||8:00 a.m.||10:40 a.m.|
|Alaska||San Francisco||2828||8:30 a.m.||10:45 a.m.|
|Alaska||Las Vegas||2777||9:20 a.m.||11:50 a.m.|
|Alaska||San Diego||2676||10:40 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2864||11:25 a.m.||2:15 p.m.|
|Alaska||Phoenix||2802||12:00 p.m.||2:55 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5739||12:13 p.m.||2:29 p.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2880||1:20 p.m.||2:15 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5866||1:56 p.m.||4:12 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Jose||2742||2:00 p.m.||4:15 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Francisco||2830||3:00 p.m.||5:15 p.m.|
|United||Denver||5659||3:55 p.m.||7:43 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2866||4:00 p.m.||6:50 p.m.|
|Alaska||Las Vegas||2888||5:30 p.m.||8:00 p.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2882||6:00 p.m.||6:55 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2868||7:10 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5897||7:14 p.m.||9:30 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Diego||2678||7:45 p.m.||10:35 p.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2884||9:05 p.m.||10:00 p.m.|
Paine Field arrivals board
For Wednesday, May 1, 2019, as of Jan. 9, 2019. Subject to change. Arrival times are Pacific.
|Alaska||Portland||2879||7:40 a.m.||8:40 a.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2861||7:05 a.m.||10:00 a.m.|
|Alaska||San Diego||2675||7:45 a.m.||10:45 a.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2881||10:20 a.m.||11:20 a.m.|
|United||Denver||5460||9:30 a.m.||11:37 a.m.|
|Alaska||San Jose||2739||10:30 a.m.||12:40 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5871||10:54 a.m.||1:18 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2863||10:30 a.m.||1:20 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Francisco||2827||12:05 p.m.||2:20 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5880||12:55 p.m.||3:19 p.m.|
|Alaska||Las Vegas||2877||12:35 p.m.||3:20 p.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2883||3:50 p.m.||4:50 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Diego||2677||2:20 p.m.||5:20 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2865||3:35 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5898||4:08 p.m.||6:32 p.m.|
|Alaska||Phoenix||2803||3:55 p.m.||7:05 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Jose||2741||5:45 p.m.||7:55 p.m.|
|Alaska||San Francisco||2829||6:10 p.m.||8:25 p.m.|
|Alaska||Orange County||2759||5:50 p.m.||8:40 p.m.|
|United||Denver||5528||7:16 p.m.||9:23 p.m.|
|Alaska||Portland||2885||9:35 p.m.||10:35 p.m.|
|Alaska||Los Angeles||2867||7:55 p.m.||10:50 p.m.|
|Alaska||Las Vegas||2893||8:40 p.m.||11:25 p.m.|
|United||San Francisco||5883||9:31 p.m.||11:55 p.m.|
Talk to us
- You can tell us about news and ask us about our journalism by emailing email@example.com or by calling 425-339-3428.
- If you have an opinion you wish to share for publication, send a letter to the editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to The Daily Herald, Letters, P.O. Box 930, Everett, WA 98206.
- More contact information is here.