Boeing to deliver first 747-8 passenger plane Feb. 27
The customer will fly away in the new jumbo jet, dubbed the Intercontinental, on Feb. 28.
Boeing has orders for 36 747-8 passenger planes.
Germany's Lufthansa will be the first carrier to receive an Intercontinental. Lufthansa has 20 747-8 passenger jets on order with Boeing.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Machinists consider second organizing effort at Boeing South Carolina May 20
- VIP demand for Boeing’s 747-8 could help keep program alive, exec says May 18
- Paris air show attendees gear up for trip May 15
- Weak business jet demand prompts layoffs at Bombardier May 14
- Tanker on track to fly this summer May 13
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.