MUKILTEO — A carbon monoxide leak at an apartment complex sent five people, including three Mukilteo firefighters, to the hospital early Wednesday morning.
One patient called the Mukilteo Fire Department around 4 a.m. to report they were having trouble breathing. A second call came from someone else minutes later, according to the fire department.
Both people were at an apartment complex fitness center in the 11100 block of Chennault Beach Road. They were transported to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett.
The firefighters were treated for exposure and released. Fire Chief Chris Alexander believed the other two patients were still hospitalized, but hadn’t received any updates on their condition.
The source of the carbon monoxide is being investigated.