EVERETT — A longtime convenience store caught fire Sunday evening in north Everett.
The Virginia Market at 2231 Virginia Ave. was reported on fire around 7:15 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find the building fully engulfed, the Everett Fire Department said in a news release.
“Firefighters received initial information that a male was known to live on the premise,” the news release said. “As fire crews worked to extinguish the fire, two searches of the building were conducted with nobody found inside,” and there were no reported injuries to civilians or firefighters.
A fire watch crew was stationed overnight to address hotspots. Investigators were to begin examining the scene Monday morning to determine a cause.
Mutual aid was provided by the Maryville Fire District and Lake Stevens Fire.