So you live in Snohomish County and a flood warning has been issued. Or maybe you just want to be prepared. In either case, here are a bunch of resources to help keep you safe amid a crisis:
Interactive flood maps
These will help you keep track if your area is in danger of rising waters.
• Snohomish County (updated every 15 minutes)
Tips (courtesy of Snohomish County)
• Monitor local news and social media sites for emergency updates. Check the online road closures map here.
• If you have time before evacuating, turn off all utilities at the main power switch. Do not touch any electrical equipment unless it is in a dry area.
• Do not attempt to walk, wade or drive though flooded areas. Over 50% of flood-related deaths occur when drivers make the mistake of driving through floodwaters.
• If your car has stalled in a flooded area, abandon it and walk to safety in the direction you came from.
• If you cannot safely leave your house, bring your family pets and supplies to the second floor or roof of your house and call 911 for help.
Emergency flooding contact information
• 24-hour hotlines with updated information during floods:
— Skykomish, Snoqualmie and Snohomish Rivers, 425-388-3653
— Stillaguamish River, 425-388-3702
• Disposal of flood debris: Snohomish County Solid Waste, 425-388-3425
• Flood preparedness: www.snohomishcountywa.gov/Flood
• Post-flood recovery assistance: Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management, 425-388-5060, email@example.com
• Report dike/levee damage: 425-388-5060
• Road conditions, road closures and report road or bridge damage: Snohomish County Road Maintenance, 425-388-7500, www.snohomishcountywa.gov/206
• Sandbagging information: 425-388-5060, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Urban flooding and drainage assistance: Snohomish County Surface Water Management, 425-388-3464
• Sanitation, septic tank or well problems: Snohomish Health District, 425-339-5250, www.snohd.org/179
Where to get floodplain information, by city
• Arlington: 360-403-3400, www.arlingtonwa.gov
• Darrington: 360-436-1131, www.townofdarrington.com
• Gold Bar: 360-793-1101, www.cityofgoldbar.us
• Granite Falls: 360-691-6441, www.ci.granite-falls.wa.us
• Index: 360-793-2488
• Monroe: 360-863-4609, www.monroewa.gov/flood
• Snohomish: 360-568-3115, www.ci.snohomish.wa.us
• Stanwood: 360-629-2181, www.ci.stanwood.wa.us
• Sultan: 360-793-2231, www.ci.sultan.wa.us/229
Social media to follow
Subscribe to these accounts to stay informed.