High school football practice for the 2012 season begins on Wednesday. I have been working on a few stories for The Herald's preview section and checking in with the area's best players.
The most highly recruited local player this year Mariner High senior KeiVarae Russell. I met up with the always talkative, eternally enthusiastic running back/safety earlier today in Everett.
Russell, a 6-foot, 170-pounder, already has 17 scholarship offers. In this video interview, Russell talks about how he performed at prestigious summer events (including The Opening and Gridiron Kings) and his current top five schools: Notre Dame, USC, University of Washington, Cal, and Boise State.
(By the way: Russell's most recent offer was from USC. "That was a big one!" said Russell, who wears No. 5 on his uniform in honor of former Trojans star Reggie Bush.)
Finally, here is Russell's impressive 2010 recruiting video, in case you haven't already seen it:
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.