Updates on Carlson's injury, the new safety, and other Wednesday notes
CB Kelly Jennings also sat out with a head injury, presumably a concussion seeing as Carroll said Jennings has to get cleared to return. With Jennings out, and with Walter Thurmond continuing to sit out with an ankle injury, former CFL star Brandon Browner was running with the first team at right cornerback.
And while we're on the secondary, today was the first day for newly-signed safety Atari Bigby. Bigby, who has played for Green Bay for the past six seasons, worked with the No. 2 defense at safety alongside Josh Pinkard, and he said he has been told his role will be as a backup and special teams player.
“My role is special teams, come in a little bit on defense, but they told me they have their starters," he said.
Jeff Reed, who is battling Brandon Coutu for the kicking job, helped his cause Wednesday by drilling a 53-yarder to end practice. Carroll described the battle between the two as wide open.
WR Kris Durham, who has been out for over a week with a hamstring injury, was back in action Wednesday and appeared to be running well. Fellow rookie WR Doug Baldwin, who was out earlier in the week with a knee injury, returned as well.
LT Russell Okung continues to sit out and won't play in this weekend's preseason game, but he seems to be progressing well. On Monday he did a bit of work during a walkthrough, and today he was able to jog lightly between drills.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Tuesday Seahawks links: Kam vs. Gronk? LOB on the cover of SI and more Jan. 27
- Seahawks player quotes from Monday of Super Bowl week Jan. 26
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.