Falcons 30, Seahawks 28--quick postgame notes
Carroll said they did consider going for it on 4th-and-eight to get into better field goal range, but that they wanted to at least get a shot at a game winner. And despite the loss, Carroll sounded optimistic about the direction of his team.
"We found something today that was powerful," he said, adding that "We gained more today, we grew more today," than in their win over the Cardinals last week.
"It's about as much as you can take out of a game getting beat," he said.
A couple of injury updates to pass along: WR Mike Williams has a concussion, which he suffered blocking on Marshawn Lynch's TD run.
LB Matt McCoy, a key special teams contributor who also plays in Seattle's nickel defense, suffered what appears to be a serious knee injury. Carroll didn't say it was necessarily season ending, but my guess is that's what we'll find out tomorrow. LB David Hawthorne talked about McCoy as if he will be out for the season. LB Malcolm Smith and DE Anthony Hargrove both have hamstring injuries.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Walter Thurmond to New York Giants, and a Sunday free agency update March 16
- Seahawks TE Zach Miller agrees to restructured deal March 15
- Brandon Browner lands in New England March 14
- Seahawks season tickets to go up an average of, you guessed it, $12 March 14
- Friday Seahawks free agency tracker March 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.