Jones ties Cougars' career home run record
Jones, who is hitting over .400 this year and was recently named the Pacific-12 Conference's player of the week, went 3 for 5 in Friday night's 19-1 win over Seattle University.
The most significant of his hits came in the third inning, when Jones hit his eighth home run of the season and the 40th of his career -- tying the school record set by Jeff Hooper during a career that spanned 1984 through 1987.
Jones had a single, double, home run and RBI while scoring four runs Friday night. He also was hit by a pitch. The performance raised his season average to .414.
Over the past six games, Jones has hit .542 while going 13 for 24 from the plate with three home runs and seven RBI.
- Hernandez strikes out 10, M's beat Angels 4-1 in opener 4/6/15
- A-Rod receives loud ovation in first game back with Yankees 4/6/15
- Record 115 players start baseball season on disabled list 4/6/15
- Tigers' Hunter confronts umpire after striking out to end game 4/6/15
- Braves designate Quinten for assignment; Grilli new closer 4/6/15
- With roof open, Braves-Marlins game halted by rain 4/6/15
- MLB ticket price average up 3.3 percent to nearly $29 4/6/15
- Mariners' Hernandez is 'pretty good' when it counts 4/6/15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.