Glacier Peak is ranked ahead of Kamiakin, Peninsula, Interlake and Shadle Park. Defending champ Camas, which shocked the Grizzlies at the state meet last year, isn't ranked. Oak Harbor girls are on the bubble and the Wildcats boys are ranked No. 8 in the 3A boys poll.
In 4A, Jackson, led by sophomore Aaron Roe and junior Jadon Olson, are ranked second behind No. 1 Gig Harbor in the boys poll and the Jackson girls are ranked No. 4. The Timberwolves girls team finished sixth in state last season behind Brooke Kingma and Jessica Rawlins, who both return. The Kamiak boys, which returns standouts Ryan Bradford and Jerry Behrens, are ranked fifth and the Snohomish girls, which finished seventh in state last season, are ranked eighth.
Lakewood boys are ranked No. 9 and the girls are on the bubble in the 2A polls. Cedarcrest girls are No. 7. Both the King's boys and girls teams are ranked fourth in the 1A polls, respectively. The South Whidbey girls are ranked No. 8.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Hinnenkamp chosen as new Lynnwood boys coach July 6
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.