Some Seahawks notes that have nothing to do with Golden Tate's catch
Asked about the health of his team coming out of Monday's game, Carroll said the Seahawks were mostly healthy, though Breno Giacomini has some sort of chest injury that will limit him this week. Doug Baldwin, who missed Monday's game with a shoulder injury, should be back. Defensive end Greg Scruggs sprained a wrist, Carroll said, and Byron Maxwell (hamstring) could be back this week after missing the last game.
Also of note, Carroll said guard James Carpenter will be "Live and in action this week" and could play on Sunday. That doesn't necessarily mean Carpenter, who has not played since suffering a season-ending injury midway through last season, would start or play the entire game. He could come in and split time with Paul McQuistan to ease back into things. And when Carpenter does come back, he will stay at left guard after playing right tackle last year. If he ends up winning the starting job, McQuistan could move to the right side at compete at that guard spot, or go back to the role he had last year as a versatile backup who can play any position but center.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks to honor Marysville Pilchuck High School during Sunday's game Oct. 31
- Kam Chancellor, Russell Okung and Max Unger all game-day decisions for Seahawks Oct. 31
- Seahawks-Raiders Thursday injury report Oct. 30
- Did you hear the one about Russell Wilson and World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner being roommates? Oct. 30
- A few thoughts on former Sounder Steve Zakuani retiring far too soon Oct. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.