The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Fire in portable prompts Cathcart school evacuation

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Herald staff
Published:
CLEARVIEW -- A fire in a portable classroom Friday morning briefly emptied Cathcart Elementary School.
Fire crews were dispatched to the school shortly before 8:30 a.m. when someone reported the classroom was filled with smoke.
No one was using the classroom at the time, Snohomish School District officials said. The portable is used for occupational therapy.
Firefighters determined the heating unit was the most probable source, Snohomish County Fire District 7 spokeswoman Autumn Waite said. They cut into the side of the building to gain access and pulled down part of the ceiling to confirm there was no active fire.
Students and staff were allowed to return to the other classrooms around 9:30 a.m.
Damage was estimated at $10,000.
Story tags » ClearviewFire

More Local News Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar