On Monday, the company delivered the 377th Renton-built 737. The aircraft was delivered to United Airlines. The milestone broke Boeing's existing record for single-aisle jet deliveries of 376, which was set in 2010.
Boeing also has bested its record for yearly net orders for the 737 program, which includes the current 737 and the updated 737 MAX aircraft. The company has won 1,031 net orders for the program so far, which surpasses the 2007 record of 846.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.