This photo of a hiker in Idaho's Lost River Range was one of the Backpacking Light's contest winners.
Before we completely leave 2013 behind, though, let's look back at a few things.
Backpacking Light magazine has a great collection of their photo contest winners from last year. The photos themselves are fabulous, but I really love the descriptions that go with each photo. It's interesting to read the back story to the photos.
One of the photos is by Paul Souders of Seattle. It's an unbelievable shot of a polar bear. It was the winner of National Geographic's contest. (Follow the link to read more about the shot.) Paul Souders has some excellent bragging rights now, if he's the bragging type.
I think I would like Mr. Souders. He clearly has a sense of humor. On his resume he includes the notation "Barfly (In Training.)"
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Trails lined with rhodies make the hike all the more enjoyable June 19
- Upcoming outdoor events in Snohomish County and nearby June 12
- Many forest roads closed after a rough winter May 29
- For hikers, National Trails Day is a labor of love May 29
- Upcoming outdoor events in Snohomish County and nearby May 22