Lynnwood to take census of homeless Thursday
Lynnwood and other communities have conducted such counts for several years.
It helps them know how much homelessness has grown or shrunk in the past year, and it helps them apply for grants and other financial support.
But Lynnwood has taken the event further.
Local agencies, led by the YWCA are inviting homeless people to an event from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Good Shepherd Baptist Church, where they can get meals and meet people from agencies that can help them find housing food, health care and jobs.
The church is at 6915 196th St. S.W., Lynnwood.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Incumbent councilman becomes first declared Mountlake Terrace candidate May 1
- Republicans, Democrats take different views on selecting presidential candidates April 28
- Candidates can file by mail starting Monday April 24
- State Reps. Kagi, Ortiz-Self, Ryu not surprised about special session April 23
- Workshop for potential 2015 local candidates Tuesday in Everett April 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.