AUBURN — Authorities say everyone has been accounted for after a fire that significantly damaged a building housing about 40 residents and a dozen businesses here.
Valley Regional Fire Authority says firefighters were called to reports of flames coming from a dryer Tuesday afternoon at the Heritage Building.
Fire officials say when crews arrived they found heavy flames in the attic that were shooting through the roof.
Fire officials say one person was rescued from the building and another was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
A spokeswoman for MS Property Management, which rents apartments in the building, says there are more than 35 units in the building. All the residents have been displaced.
According to the King County Assessor’s Office, the 21,000-square-foot building was built in 1921 and doesn’t have sprinklers installed.