Requirements can drive you bonkers

I was interested in obtaining an Enhanced Driver’s License.

A review of the documentation necessary to obtain this license requires you to provide proof of Washington state residency. One would think that a current Washington state license would suffice. But no, you must provide something with documentation of your current Washington address such as a utility bill, insurance, recent tax statement, etc. So even with a current passport and drivers license it is not enough for the DOL.

Per the DOL, the additional documentation is necessary as you don’t have to be a Washington resident to get a Washington drivers license.

Surely I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

Paul Schumacher

Camano Island