1. Colorado Mammoth (6-0), Colorado exploded with six goals in the fourth period to earn a 12-7 win over Minnesota this past Saturday. Another game another win for the Mammoth, who have separated themselves from the rest of the league.
2. Philadelphia Wings (4-2), A few weeks ago, the Toronto Rock had no trouble with the Wings. This past Saturday the Wings returned the favor with a 14-8 victory. The Wings are alone atop the East Division and playing great lacrosse right now.
3. Calgary Roughnecks (4-2), The second place Roughnecks defeated Edmonton this past weekend, but have a chance to make some big noise this weekend if they can get past Colorado. A win and the Roughnecks are right back in the race for the West Division title, but a loss gives the Mammoth a commanding advantage.
4. Toronto Rock (3-3), Will the real Toronto Rock please stand up? They start 0-2, then reel off three straight only to suffer an embarrassing loss to Philly. No question that Toronto is good, but they have to be more consistent.
5. Minnesota Swarm (3-3), We will give the Swarm a bit of a break for the loss last weekend, after all, it was Colorado.
6. Rochester Knighthawks (3-4), The Knighthawks continued their up-and-down ways with a 15-12 victory over Washington last weekend. The Knighthawks did it with five suspended players and scoring the game’s final five goals.
7. Buffalo Bandits (2-5), The Buffalo Bandits had the weekend off, but still made some noise by trading for goalkeeper Anthony Cosmo. It remains to be seen how this move will help the struggling Bandits.
8. Edmonton Rush (1-4), The Rush traded away Athan Iannucci to Washington because he wouldn’t report to the team and they get Paul Rabil — one of the best lacrosse players in the world. Then Rabil doesn’t report to the team. Tough break for the Rush.
9. Washington Stealth (1-5), The Rush can be comforted by the fact that the only team worse than them is the Stealth. Washington gets coach Chris Hall back this weekend, maybe that will spark some life into a struggling team.