What you need: Makes an 8 inch cake, or 3 little cakes
2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup thick yogurt
3 tsp instant coffee powder
3 tsp boiling water
Pinch of Salt
Few spoons of confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat white sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Add to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beating until well blended after each addition.
Mix coffee powder with boiling water. Divide the cake batter into two bowls. To one bowl, stir in the coffee with a spatula.
I greased 3 little cake pans, you may use an 8 inch pan too. Grease and dust the inside of the pan with butter and flour.
Spoon both the yellow and coffee cake mixtures with spoons alternating them in little portions, one on top of each other. This will give the cake a layered effect. Bake it for 25-30 minutes, or until a dry knife comes out clean.
Cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar, and devour warm. Enjoy!
Most recent The Dish posts
- Chill out: Icebox pies and cakes end summer meals on a cool note July 22
- A fabulous frittata in just five steps July 15
- Do you need a spiralizer? We test the gadget of the moment July 8
- A healthful but tasty burger is in the cards July 1
- Creating potato salads that are always-welcome-at-a-party side dish July 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.